Copper gutters provide many benefits including:
- Long life expectancy, should be the lifetime of the home
- Strong material that is harder to dent than aluminum
- Unique color that many people love and fits certain house designs well
- Copper can be made as customized seamless gutter
- More rust resistant than aluminum gutters
Copper gutters, however, are significantly more expensive than other gutter materials. Installation can also be a concern due to the weight. Using an experienced and knowledgeable installer who has the necessary equipment and manpower is important.
Copper gutters do lose their shine and fade to patina color with time.
Overall, properly installed and effective gutters help handle water runoff and keep it away from a house’s walls and foundation. The gutters funnel the water to the downspout on the ground where it’s directed away from the foundation of the home. This keeps the ground immediately around the house from becoming waterlogged and potentially leaking into the basement or causing other damage to the structure as well as surrounding landscaping.
Loring Building Products carries a full line of copper gutters, both in seamless k style and traditional half round, for contractors in Philadelphia, Eastern Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey and Northern Maryland.